Water and Sewer Connections
To determine if service is available, contact:
Residential: Joseph Leavens 724-776-4806, x1515. If residential service is not currently available, contact Tim Zinkham regarding the requirements for a main line extension.
Commercial: Tim Zinkham 724-776-4806, x1183
If sanitary sewer and/or water service is available,
The Township will:
- Determine the location of your tap and water meter (if applying for water service)
- Perform a water tap (2” in size and smaller – if applying for water service)
- Provide and install your water meter and remote (1” in size and smaller – if applying for water service) Note: Billing begins when the meter is installed.
- Provide your curb box on the service line (if applying for water service)
- Perform required inspections which may include
- Outside waterline (water service only)
- Outside sanitary sewer line (sewer service only)
- Sewer and/or water final (water and/or sewer service)
If sanitary sewer and/or water service is not available,
The property owner's responsibilities are:
- Submit a Service Application and appropriate Tap Fee(s)
- Contact and hire a contractor / plumber to install the sewer and/or water service
- Place a Pennsylvania OneCall – dial 811.
- Acquire all materials needed for the sewer and/or water service line including but not limited to: appropriate pipe, stone for backfill, sanitary sewer tap, water meter spread fittings, thermal expansion tank, water meter pit, grinder pump.
- Access the sewer and/or water line from the main line into the structure.
- Schedule the necessary inspections and water tap.
- For inspections and water tap, call: 724-776-4806, x 1161. You must call by 3:00 PM to schedule an inspection for the next business day. (Taps are performed on Wed., Thurs., and/or Friday)
- Disconnecting the existing well. (if applicable)
- Abandoning the existing on-lot septic system. (if applicable)