It is the policy of the Cranberry Public Library, and concurred in and supported by the Board of Directors, to regard as confidential any information about patrons (and patrons’ use of library resources) that comes into the Library’s possession.
To implement this policy, Cranberry Public Library will disclose no information regarding:
1. A patron’s name (or whether an individual is a registered borrower or has been a patron)
2. A patron’s address
3. A patron’s telephone number
4. The Library’s circulation records and their contents
5. The Library’s borrowers’ records and their contents
6. The number or character of questions asked by patrons
7. The frequency or content of a patron’s lawful visits to the Library or any other information supplied to the Library (or gathered by it) shall not be given, made available or disclosed to any individual, corporation, institution, government agent or agency without a valid process, order, or subpoena. Upon presentation of such process order or subpoena, the Library shall resist its enforcement until such time as proper showing of good cause has been made in a court of competent jurisdiction.
All Library employees (and those volunteers who work in its behalf) are hereby instructed to comply with these guidelines.