Bill’s CTPA – April 26 -May 18, 2020 Ladder
Details for 2020 CTPA Ladder league. Sign-up starts now!
The second CTPA Ladder (open to non-members) is scheduled for Sunday April 26th – Monday May 18th, 2020. It runs four weeks, Sundays and Mondays only. The first week's schedule will be released by Wednesday, April 22nd.
Any questions please contact Bill Billeter email@example.com
Players will be required to register online with CTPA if they are a member, and with Cranberry Parks and Recreation if they are not a CTPA member. CTPA Members $15 – Sign up via CourtReserve, 4/26 event. Non-Members $30 – Sign up with Cranberry Twp. Parks and Rec. (phone 724-779-4386) or online at https://apm.activecommunities.com/cranberrytownship/home and enter Course# 9395
A separate e-mail will be sent closer to the date, to determine what dates registrants are available.
About the Ladder (213 players competed in this Ladder in 2019):
A Ladder is one of the most competitive and fun formats for organized Pickleball play. The intent is to generate a cumulative score for each player each time they play. Using this data, players will be matched up with others in their skill level, thus, the games tend to be very competitive.
There will be five separate levels represented: 2.5, 2.5-3.0, 3.0-3.5, 3.5-4.0, and 4.0 +. Statistics will be kept separately for each level. Match play participation is determined by who is available to play that day, their level, and their winning percentages in the Ladder. To move up a level, a player must have two or more consecutive weeks where they play at .930 or higher.
The format for the Ladder is that four or five players are assigned to a court. Each player plays three or four games to 11 or 15 points, no win by 2. Partners rotate after each game, so everyone on the court has been paired with everyone else.
If you participated in last year’s Ladder at any level, and had a rating of less than .600 for two or more consecutive weeks, you can choose to move to a lower level. You will have 2 weeks to improve your play to .600.
If you choose to move to a lower level, you would compete with the highest percentage players in that level, who are available to play on that day and time slot. This is to maintain competitiveness, and to reduce the chance of players moving between levels frequently.
Players who ended last year’s Ladder with two consecutive weeks of .930 level play are eligible to move to the next higher level if they so desire.
Those with a Ladder rating below .510 are listed as XX. Those who have not yet played in a Ladder will have a .00 listed next to their name.
Weekly Participation/Sign Up:
You are not required to play every week. You can play both Sunday and Monday based on court availability, but are guaranteed at least one day of play.
· After the initial registration, you will sign up for the next week by noting your availability on your score sheet after each match. If you forget, send an e-mail or otherwise contact the coordinator.
· When you sign up each week, let us know if you want to play Sunday, Monday, both, or not available.
· If not a member of CTPA, provide your level of play (ex. 3.0, 2.5) by replying to this e-mail.
· If you are a “No Show” and have not notified us via e-mail or phone, we'll need to enforce a suspension from the ladder, determined on a case-by-case basis. It's very difficult to find a replacement at the last minute and not showing up is unfair to the other participants. Please be courteous.
· The schedule will be announced no later than Thursday for the following week.
Players commuting more than 25 miles can qualify to play by participating in 2 matches (each match contains 3-4 games) in one day with prior approval.
What happens after the Ladder is over? The Ladder Tournament!
CTPA Gamma Ladder Tournament information:
There will be a CTPA Gamma Ladder Tournament held May 30-31st, the weekend after Memorial Day. Players will be allowed to choose their partners from the same level, and can participate in mixed doubles as well as in men's or women's doubles. If you do not have a partner you may still participate.
1. Players will have the option of selecting partners who did not have enough times played (2) to seed in the league. This could include other CTPA members, but must be at the same level.
2. Players not selecting their partner will be paired with a player of similar ability in the same level, or within CTPA, based on player availability.
3. Players must play a minimum of 2 matches in the Ladder to seed for the CTPA Gamma Ladder Tournament. (See exception 1.)
4. Players can play up, but not down, in the tournament.
5. Players must have at least a .600 percentage to seed in the tournament Those less than .600 winning percentage cannot seed, but can participate as a partner.
6. Below is the tentative plan for the weekend of May 30-31st
Saturday, May 30th, levels 2.5-3.0; 3.0-3.5
Sunday, May 31st, levels 3.5-4.0; 4.0+
Sunday May 24th-2.5 level (tentative date)
7. The top 9 teams seeded will have a bye; the additional teams will be determined from winners of a preliminary round
8. There will be 3 teams in the finals. Additional details to be released.
9. Gamma will provide prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams. For levels 2.5-3.0 and above.
· Players will be seeded for the tournament based on their Ladder standings.
· In case of a tie, the player playing more games/weeks will be seeded higher.
· If still tied, more wins will be used
· The final tie-breaker is a coin toss.
· Ties during the tournament will be determined by a 7 point tie-breaker round of play.