Residents can soon get a jump on spring cleaning while also getting rid of potentially hazardous materials.
A Household Hazardous Waste Collection event is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 17 at the Township Public Works building off Route 19.
The event requires advance registration at www.ecsr.net.
Rates for specific items include:
- $0.60/lb. TVs, Monitors, Printers & Towers
- $0.40/lb. All other electronics and
- $0.70/lb. Small freon containing devices
- $0.63/lb. Paint
- $1.00/lb. Household Hazardous Waste
- $0.75/lb. Universal Waste (Bulbs and Batteries)
- $4/ea. Propane Tanks
Some items are not accepted, including explosives, fire extinguishers, radioactive material, elemental mercury, ammunition, tires, medical waste, syringes, smoke detectors and large appliances.