Cranberry Township is on notice: follow the rules of curbside collection.
Vogel Disposal Service, the Township’s contracted sanitation company, will issue resident violation cards. The cards are either yellow, green, or pink depending on the violation. After a one-time warning, those receiving a violation must contact Vogel and arrange payment for pickup.
All violations are cleared annually. To avoid violations, follow these rules:
- When placing carts curbside, please be sure the lids are closed.
- Arrows on the lid show which side of the cart should face the street. This allows the truck’s mechanical arm to work properly and ensures that trash isn’t scattered on the street.
- Bag all garbage before putting it into the cart.
- Don’t put more in the cart than it can hold with the lid fully closed.
- Don’t overload the cart. Heavy cartloads will cause the mechanical arm to fail.
- Place carts 2 feet apart from one another and at least 2 feet away from obstructions such as mailboxes, posts, trees, and vehicles.