News & Announcements Home
The original item was published from 6/21/2011 4:43:07 PM to 7/8/2011 12:05:01 AM.

News & Announcements

Cranberry Announcements

Posted on: June 21, 2011

[ARCHIVED] Waste is up, but recycling is WAY up

Cranberry’s efforts to promote recycling appear to have hit a resonant chord with local residents. Monthly figures provided by Waste Management show that while the volume of Cranberry’s trash going to landfill has grown by 4.7 percent from the corresponding tonnage in 2010, the volume of recycled material has gone up by 13.3 percent and yard waste has grown 6.3 percent. In May alone, the volume of yard waste increased from 345 tons in 2010 to 461 tons last month. Of the 13,072 total tons of residential waste hauled away last year, 22.7 percent was recycled material and another 20.1 percent was yard waste used for composting, resulting in a total of 42.8 percent recycled or recovered material. The national average is just 33.8 percent.

Collection Connection
Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Cranberry Announcements

Great Lawn (2)

Great Lawn Project Off to a Great Start

Posted on: February 29, 2024
Pipe

A Solid Plan for Brush Creek Facility

Posted on: February 29, 2024
Community Days

Sponsors, Vendors Sought for Community Days

Posted on: February 26, 2024 | Last Modified on: December 15, 2019
Dump Truck

Title the Truck Voting Open

Posted on: February 20, 2024
Donate Give

Great Lawn Fundraising Efforts Kick Off

Posted on: February 19, 2024
Recycle

Hazardous Waste Collection Continues

Posted on: February 1, 2024
Trash Cart - Green

Solid Waste Contract Up for Bid

Posted on: February 1, 2024
Fire Truck

Fire Company Looks to Future

Posted on: February 1, 2024
Waterpark

New Splash Pad to be Made in the Shade

Posted on: February 1, 2024
Parks and Recreation

Excitement is in the air!

Posted on: January 25, 2024
Clock - Blue

Intern with Cranberry Township

Posted on: January 24, 2024
Group Fun

Sponsorship Guide Now Available

Posted on: January 15, 2024
Waterpark

Swim Lesson Registration Now Open

Posted on: January 24, 2024
Checkbook - Green

Tax Collector Office Moves

Posted on: January 18, 2024
Rental

Shelter Rental Opens January 8

Posted on: January 3, 2024