There’s only one safe way to dispose of unused medications – and Cranberry Township is working to help keep those items off the street.
The annual Drug Take-Back Event is scheduled from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, April 30 in the rear parking lot of the Municipal Center, 2525 Rochester Road. It offers a safe way to dispose of unused, unwanted, or expired medications.
This event will also serve as a used eyeglass donation drop-off for the Cranberry Township Lions Club’s Mission-Vision to provide glasses to those in need. Glasses can be dropped off at any time during the event.
A few tips for the disposal of medications:
- Dispose of medications in the original container or by removing the medication from its container and disposing of it directly into the disposal box.
- Remove any identifying information if disposing in original container.
- If disposing of vape pens or other e-cigarette devices, remove batteries. If they cannot be removed, check with chain stores which may accept them for proper disposal.
- Liquid products such as cough syrup should remain sealed in their original container. Ensure the cap is tightly sealed.
- Intra-venous solutions, injectables, and syringes will NOT be accepted due to potential hazard posed by blood-borne pathogens.