Cranberry’s popular Community Coffee series includes plenty of hot java and informal conversation with Cranberry Township Manager Jerry Andree. This casual series of community-based conversations, held monthly at different sites throughout the Township, provides local residents with an opportunity to hear first-hand what Cranberry’s municipal government is thinking about doing, what it’s working on now, what it has recently completed, and to pose their own questions to the Manager.
There is no charge to attend and reservations are not required, although RSVPs for planning purposes to 724-776-4806, x 1089 are appreciated.
2019 Coffee Schedule
Thurs., March 28 and Tues., April 30, 6:30 PM. Two-part Manager’s Coffee to focus on land development, property rights
Why is that pig farm going up behind my house? Good question, and it’s one that Cranberry officials hear all the time, albeit with slightly different specifics. At its core is finding the right balance between property owners’ rights and the interest of the property owner’s neighbors.
On Thursday, March 28, the talk will focus on the planning process and how planning serves as the foundation for land use regulation. On Tuesday, April 30, the discussion will center around one of the Township’s most powerful development tools: the zoning of land use and resulting land development ordinances.
Monday, March 4, 2019. 6:30-8:00 PM. Turfgrass Management: Growing & Maintaining A Healthy Green Lawn
Turfgrass maintenance is something Cranberry takes very seriously. And it’s something the Township knows a lot about. Its public parks, lawns, playing fields and golf course together comprise nearly 300 acres of manicured grass – all of which requires regular care. But what about your lawn? Cranberry Highlands Superintendent Dave Barber and Grounds Maintenance Manager Drew Fredericks will join Township Manager Jerry Andree for a 'Coffee and Conversation' featuring a presentation about the art and technique of growing and maintaining a healthy green lawn in Western Pennsylvania.
Tues., January 29, 2019. 6:30-8:00 PM. Cranberry Public Library Makerspace
Join Township Manager Jerry Andree for coffee and conversation, regarding the Library Makerspace. The library upgrade, which is CTCC’s Project of the Year for 2019, includes an assortment of enhancements including better lighting, automatic sliding doors and new carpeting. But the signature improvement will be the addition of a new Makerspace – essentially a flexible shop space with multiple workstations as well as material and tools for creating a variety of collaborative projects. Examples include electronics, 3D printing, laser cutter, sewing machines, Legos and more.
2018 Coffee Schedule
- What's the Rush - Let's talk traffic. Public Works/ Traffic Center, November 13, 6:30 PM
- Disc Golf and Nature Trail, CTCC 2018 Project of the year, North Boundary Park, June 16, 10:00 AM
- When to Call 9-1-1 What constitutes an emergency and what to do until the EMS arrives. EMS Station, Rt. 19. May 22, 6:30 PM.
- Let It Snow! Learn how Cranberry responds to snow events, Public Works Facility, January 30, 6:30 PM.
- Cocoa & Conversation, Promoting summer programs and Camp Cranberry, Grange Hall (Senior Center): February 20, 6:30 PM.
- Celebrating the Library's 45th Anniversary, Library, April 11, 6:30 PM.
- Keeping Cranberry Safe (Police, Fire & EMS), October 18, 7:00 PM
- Cranberry Coffee: Focus On Redevelopment, September 19, 11:30 AM
- How Cranberry got on the map, February 9, 7:00 PM
- Coffee at UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex, March 28, 7:00 PM
- Behind the Scenes with the EMS, May 9, 7:00 PM
- Manager's Coffee Goes Wild, August 2017
- Traffic Center Tour and Public Works Operations Facility, January 13, 10:00 AM.
- Thinking Outside the Trash...a Look at Cranberry's Recycling Efforts, February 2, 10:00 AM
- Live, Learn & Play! Cranberry Library and Parks & Recreation, March 23, 10:00 AM
- When It Rains, It Drains - Stormwater Management, April 21, 7:00 PM
- School-Community Collaboration with Seneca Valley S.D. Superintendent, May 24, 7:00 PM
- Butler County Commissioners, May 31, 10:00 AM
- Cranberry Community Waterpark, August 2, 7:00 PM
- Cranberry Highlands Golf Course, September 27, 7:00 PM
- Behind the Scenes with the Volunteer Fire Company, October 17, 7:00 PM