Cranberry’s popular Community Coffee series includes plenty of hot java and informal conversation with Cranberry Township Manager Jerry Andree. This casual series of community-based conversations, held monthly at different sites throughout the Township, provides local residents with an opportunity to hear first-hand what Cranberry’s municipal government is thinking about doing, what it’s working on now, what it has recently completed, and to pose their own questions to the Manager.
There is no charge to attend and reservations are not required, although RSVPs for planning purposes to 724-776-4806, x 1089 are appreciated.
2020 Coffee Schedule
Manager's Coffee, Tues., January 21, "Snow and Tell." 6:30 PM. Public Works Facility, 20729 Rt. 19
A blanket of white snow may look like a winter wonderland to some, but it can make anxious drivers see red.
That’s why Cranberry’s Public Works crews are always ready for a snowstorm or other weather-related event, tending to 132 miles of Township roads.
How those crews maintain those roads – and which roads are not under their care – will be the topic of this month’s Township Manager’s Coffee and Conversation.
The Township’s Public Works Department will “snow and tell” all about the planning, processes and procedures for winter storms and how they stay at the ready when snow starts flying. They’ll also give a tour of the Township’s garage and fleet of vehicles, as well as outline which roads are maintained by PennDOT.
PennDOT representatives will also be on hand to discuss their procedures for maintaining major throughways, including Interstate 79, Routes 19 and 228 and the Turnpike.
- October 17, "See Something, Say Something". 6:30 PM If there’s anything that can be learned from the recent wave of mass shootings around the country, it’s that you never know when, where, or why it will happen. A community’s best way to fight crime is through attentive neighbors. The conversation will encourage neighbors to call 911 no matter the height of the situation.
- March 28 & April 30, Two-part Manager’s Coffee: Land Development and Property Rights, 6:30 PM Why is that pig farm going up behind my house? Good question, and it’s one that Cranberry officials hear all the time, albeit with slightly different specifics. At its core is finding the right balance between property owners’ rights and the interest of the property owner’s neighbors.
- March 4. Turfgrass Management: Growing & Maintaining A Healthy Green Lawn. 6:30 PM Turfgrass maintenance is something Cranberry takes very seriously. And it’s something the Township knows a lot about. Its public parks, lawns, playing fields and golf course together comprise nearly 300 acres of manicured grass – all of which requires regular care. But what about your lawn? .
- January 29. Cranberry Public Library Makerspace. 6:30 PM The library upgrade, which is CTCC’s Project of the Year for 2019, includes an assortment of enhancements including better lighting, automatic sliding doors and new carpeting, and the signature feature - a Makerspace.
- What's the Rush - Let's talk traffic. Public Works/ Traffic Center, November 13, 6:30 PM
- Disc Golf and Nature Trail, CTCC 2018 Project of the year, North Boundary Park, June 16, 10:00 AM
- When to Call 9-1-1 What constitutes an emergency and what to do until the EMS arrives. EMS Station, Rt. 19. May 22, 6:30 PM.
- Let It Snow! Learn how Cranberry responds to snow events, Public Works Facility, January 30, 6:30 PM.
- Cocoa & Conversation, Promoting summer programs and Camp Cranberry, Grange Hall (Senior Center): February 20, 6:30 PM.
- Celebrating the Library's 45th Anniversary, Library, April 11, 6:30 PM.
- Keeping Cranberry Safe (Police, Fire & EMS), October 18, 7:00 PM
- Cranberry Coffee: Focus On Redevelopment, September 19, 11:30 AM
- How Cranberry got on the map, February 9, 7:00 PM
- Coffee at UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex, March 28, 7:00 PM
- Behind the Scenes with the EMS, May 9, 7:00 PM
- Manager's Coffee Goes Wild, August 2017
- Traffic Center Tour and Public Works Operations Facility, January 13, 10:00 AM.
- Thinking Outside the Trash...a Look at Cranberry's Recycling Efforts, February 2, 10:00 AM
- Live, Learn & Play! Cranberry Library and Parks & Recreation, March 23, 10:00 AM
- When It Rains, It Drains - Stormwater Management, April 21, 7:00 PM
- School-Community Collaboration with Seneca Valley S.D. Superintendent, May 24, 7:00 PM
- Butler County Commissioners, May 31, 10:00 AM
- Cranberry Community Waterpark, August 2, 7:00 PM
- Cranberry Highlands Golf Course, September 27, 7:00 PM
- Behind the Scenes with the Volunteer Fire Company, October 17, 7:00 PM