• Shut off water supply to outside hose bibbs and drain them.
• Wrap basement water pipes with insulating sleeves or heating tape.
• Keep under-sink cabinet doors open in kitchen and bathrooms.
• Trickle water through faucets from pipes running through unheated spaces.
• Find the location of your home’s main water valve.
• Make sure your water meter gets heat along with the rest of your home
• If you will be away, consider draining your water system.
For more information, contact Sewer and Water Field Operations Manager, Joseph Leavens at firstname.lastname@example.org.