On March 29, the Land Development application for an
expansion of the Rt. 19 Park Fire Station to include a two-story addition witha basement, was officially put on the agenda for final action by the Township’s
Board of Supervisors at its April 5 meeting. The $2.1 million expansion, which the Board had previously agreed to
fund, will include overnight accommodations for a rotation of bunk-infirefighters, as well as more work stations, meeting rooms and common areas for
fire company volunteers. In addition,the annex will include an exhibit space for the fire company’s restored 1928
Pirsch pumper – its first fire engine, acquired in 1959 after 30 years ofuse.