Here are some tips in dealing with Winter Storm Harper:
- Clear Township roadways of any parked or standing vehicles.
- Remove any sports equipment from roadway – basketball hoops, hockey nets, etc.
- Remove garbage cans and refrain from placing cans for Monday pick up until Sunday evening when streets are cleared.
- Check mailboxes are secure and supports are strong.
- Do not shovel snow from driveways onto roadways. This creates a hazardous condition for all vehicles.
- Shovel or plow snow to the right side of the driveway as you face the road, opposite the snow plow’s approach to avoid snow being pushed back across the driveway
- Do not cover fire hydrants or manholes with snow.
- Friendly reminder: Township ordinance require the owner whose property is traversed by that sidewalk to clear the sidewalk of snow within 48 hours of a snow event.
- Exercise caution when shoveling. Remember to help neighbors who may need special assistance.
- Cranberry Township maintains 130 miles of Township Roads and 320 cul-de-sacs.
- PennDOT clears state owned roadways in the Township (I-79, Route 19, Route 228, Freedom Rd, Callery Rd, Franklin Rd, Glen Eden Rd, Rochester Rd, Rowan Rd, Plains Church Rd)
CRANBERRY TOWNSHIP SNOW REMOVAL http://www.cranberrytownship.org/1191/Snow-Ice-Removal
CRANBERRY TOWNSHIP SIDEWALK MAINTENANCE http://www.cranberrytownship.org/2276/Winter-Sidewalk-Maintenance
PENN DOT https://www.penndot.gov/TravelInPA/Winter/Pages/Winter-Preparation.aspx