Though the train incident in East Palestine, Ohio, has been cause for concern, Cranberry Township’s water supply continues to be safe to use.
The Township’s supply is taken from the Ohio River upstream of the incident, which is about 33 miles away.
Cranberry Township and its water provider, West View Water Authority, are closely monitoring the situation and will take any necessary steps to ensure the safety of the Township’s water.
For those with friends or family in the East Palestine area, resources are available.
Norfolk Southern provided residents of the evacuation zone with a residential re-entry air monitoring program. To request air monitoring at their home, residents can call 330-849-3919.
Other resources include:
- Norfolk Southern Family Assistance: 1-800-230-7049
- Home Air Screening: 330-849-3913
- Ohio EPA: 614-644-2160
- U.S. EPA: epaosc.org
- CTEH Toxicology: 234-542-6474
- Columbiana County Extension: 330-967-7249
- Community Action Agency: 330-424-4013